Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, IOM Somalia and under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (HSO) of IOM SO Hargeisa, the incumbent will perform routine and specialized administrative tasks for SO Hargeisa. Key objectives of the role include ensuring administrative and personnel accountability and implementing clear, efficient procedures for routine processing tasks. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the coordination of Hargeisa Sub Office administrative matters and refer all issues to Head of Sub-Office for guidance and action.
- Ensure incoming invoices for office related and administrative expenditures such as office rental costs, water supply, electricity & internet bills, are valid and that related services were satisfactorily rendered.
- Maintain and file staff attendance, leave requests and overtime sheets of Hargeisa based staff according to established procedures,
- Assist in coordinating the work of the cleaners, gardener, and other support personnel to ensure service is rendered as requested, report any mishaps to the Head of Sub-Office.
- Coordinate any maintenance work at IOM Hargeisa. Ensure all appliances in use including servers, air-conditioning units, generator, and other fixed assets are working well.
- Assist HoSO in ensuring the HR guidelines/instructions are fully complied; coordinate with HR and HoSO for further guidance.
- Coordinate, prepare and administer workshops, visas and accommodation bookings for IOM staff and other guests.
- Implement, and maintain the logistics for IOM Hargeisa Sub-Office, including transport, storing, inventories in coordination with Procurement staff in Hargeisa.
- Assist in tracking and following up stock needs in Hargeisa sub-office and attend to
- their distribution and replenishment whenever needed.
- Assist finance staff with issuing cheques and depositing approved payments into vendor accounts through banks.
- Assist the finance staff in filling & e-filing system and store all financial documents in proper manner.
- Assist checking that all Travel Authorizations (TA’s) of staff are completed correctly; Receive TECs from Hargeisa staff and ensure expenses Claims are completed and hand it over to the Finance Assistant to process the payment in accordance with online TASS guideline.
- Assist in disbursement of DSA payments in workshops and events organized by IOM in Hargeisa and ensure that records are well kept.
- Receive correspondences from government departments, UN agencies and other stakeholders and maintain a proper register of all outgoing and incoming correspondences.
Perform other duties as may be required by RMU/HR/direct supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration and Human Resources Management with two years of experience or
· High school degree in above field with four years of experience.
- Professional and management experience in Human Resources preferably in an international organization.
- High level of computer literacy. Good knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL. Knowledge of PRISM (SAP) a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with UN common system or similar systems.
• Fluency in English and Somali both written and spoken is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com**