Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: The Administrative Officer is accountable for ensuring quality, efficient and proactive administrative support services to the SL Area Office; The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing office & Guesthouse administrative support as well as handling documents and filing
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Aug 23, 2020
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in business administration or social sciences
- Minimum 3 years proven work experience in Admin/secretarial position within a busy working environment such as private company or INGOs
- Previous experience of managing a similar administrative and secretarial working
- Proven interpersonal and customer service skills with people at a range of levels from a variety of social and Cultural backgrounds
- Assertiveness and pro-activeness with the ability to work on own initiative with little supervision.
- Good English language command.
- Good computer and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.